So, I was thinking about ways to add more fashion/ beauty elements to this blog. I often feel conflicted because although I do love these topics, I was having a hard time trying to incorporate them into the theme of this page or have enough content that is related to those topics.
However, I thought a monthly favorite is a perfect way to highlight for you some of my favorite products I have been using for the month of January. These can be anything from makeup to books, to random amazon impulse purchases. I tend to switch up my routine quite often and I am always on the hunt for new amazing products, as I’m sure you are too.
I will provide a link to each product that way if you see anything you want to try you can grab it right here.
- The first product I have been loving as far as skincare goes for the month is one that I used to use frequently. Yet somehow, I never remembered to replace it and therefore came across it again and decided to try it. This scrub is great for acne prone skin, however, it also helps with brightening and smoothing. It is moderately abrasive so I would recommend using only 3-4 times a week.
St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub
Buy Here: http://amzn.to/2DMCNtN
- The next product I have recently incorporated into my skincare routine is courtesy of my lovely mother who introduced this product to me. For a while, my skincare routine was way too complicated and I was over saturating my face with too many products. That all ended when I found Shea Butter. This is a miracle product, it is one of the only products that is hydrating and nourishing and yet helps clear and prevent acne.
Unrefined Organic Shea butter
Buy Here: http://amzn.to/2E6SS17
- This last product is something I use as a part of my night time routine. I tend not to put it on during the day due to the fact that my face can become slightly too oily in my trouble spots. However, this product is perfect for anyone struggling with acne scars, wrinkles, age spots, etc. It helps your skin to look fresh and flawless.
Buy Here: http://amzn.to/2E6UTtQ
As many of you may or may not know, I am a very avid reader. I love to read, I always have since I can remember and I try to complete at least one book a month, although, sites like audible have made this rate much quicker.
- One of my favorites from this month is called “Dark Matter”. It is the best selling novel written by Blake Crouch. This book takes you on twists and turns like I never expected. The story is about Jason Dessen, an ordinary husband, and father. However this story quickly sucks you in as you follow him to an innocent evening at a local bar where circumstances abruptly shift and Jason begins a battle to make sense of a series of mind-bending realities that provoke past fears, both realized and unknown. This is a story about parallel universes and the fragility of life.
Dark Matter By Blake Crouch
Buy Here: http://amzn.to/2GykUka
- The next and final favorite book of the month is something a little less gripping and suspenseful. This book is a nonfiction work by Nick Lane. I have always been completely fascinated by the history of how we all came to be. We do not know why complex life is the way it is, or, for that matter, how life first began. For two and a half billion years, from the very origins of life, single-celled organisms such as bacteria evolved without changing their basic form. Then, on just one occasion in four billion years, they made the jump to complexity. All complex life, from mushrooms to man, shares puzzling features, such as sex, which is unknown in bacteria. How and why did this happen? This is the question Nick Lane attempts to answer in his brilliant book.
The Vital Question: Energy, Evolution, and the Origins of Complex Life
Buy Here: http://amzn.to/2DQ7Chg
- The first beauty item I have listed is actually related to hair. I have been trying to grow my hair longer and I have really been searching for a product that can help my hair grow faster, and stronger. This hair growth oil has made a significant difference in my hair growth journey. I simply rub it on my scalp and leave it overnight, then rinse the next morning.
Shea Moisture Strengthen and Restore Hair Serum
Buy Here: http://amzn.to/2DSlEDb
- The last beauty related item I have to list is actually a drugstore mascara. For awhile, I was completely committed to Benefit’s Roller Lash. However, I believe I have found a great dupe, at the very least a killer drugstore mascara. This mascara is lifting, volumizing, and yet it doesn’t clump.
Loreal Volume Lash Paradise
Buy Here: http://amzn.to/2Gzut2r
Overall, I have tried to compile a list of great products I have genuinely been loving this month. Most of these products are very affordable and yet very effective and high quality. I hope you all have had a great January and I look forward to an amazing February!